of employers say SEL skills are the most important qualities for job success
Source: Committee for Children
Social-emotional learning (SEL) helps students develop the self-awareness, self-control, and interpersonal skills that are critical for school, work, and overall life success.
Along with reducing student anxiety and behavioral problems, SEL has long-term benefits, like improving student skills, attitudes, and academic performance. In fact, people with strong social-emotional skills are better able to cope with everyday challenges and benefit academically, professionally, and socially.
However, to be most effective in aligning to CASEL’s systemic framework for SEL, teachers need the support and training required to provide students with SEL learning opportunities beyond the classroom. In a time and resources strapped profession, providing access to all 5 SEL competencies can seem next to impossible.
Through self-directed classes, peer-to-peer learning, and impact-driven motivation that empowers students to adopt a growth mindset, Tract enables teachers and students to seamlessly implement SEL in - and outside of - the classroom, without overburdening teachers or requiring new tools or resources.
To provide equitable access to develop CASEL’s 5 SEL competencies in a meaningful and manageable way, time-strapped teachers require professional development training and support from families of students to establish equitable learning environments and coordinating practices across classrooms, schools, families, and communities to enhance all students’ social, emotional, and academic learning. With a current lack of clear implementation guidelines and SEL-specific training, this can feel next to impossible.
An effective SEL strategy must ensure continuity of learning across different environments, and Tract does just that!
Tract empowers students through a peer-to-peer learning model that offers a different way to learn about various topics of interest, to explore their passions, and to build essential skills now and for the future. Using Tract can help to promote the development of social-emotional learning skills as students become self-aware as they design their own project and track growth, build social awareness as they learn from their peers, and build relationships during the learning process.
From effective problem-solving to self-discipline and more, Tract provides a foundation for positive, long-term effects on kids, adults, and communities by providing opportunities aligning to each of the five competencies of SEL to increase student academic performance and promote positive behavior and healthier life choices.
“Using Tract can help to promote the development of social-emotional learning skills as students become self-aware as they design their own project and track growth, build social awareness as they learn from their peers, and build relationships during the learning process.”
-Rachelle Denè Poth, Getting Smart
Tract's Alignment to CASEL'S 5 SEL Competencies
- Self-Awareness: Empower students to assess their own strengths and limitations, and build self-efficacy, through built-in awards of recognition given by their teachers and peers
- Self-Management: With on-demand classes that are self-directed by design, Tract provides students with a choice when it comes to their education, enabling them to persevere through challenges with delayed gratification built-in to the platform in a gamified setting
- Social Awareness: Expose young learners to some of the world’s biggest challenges and help them build empathy and compassion toward others with backgrounds and cultures through Tract’s philanthropic prize board, where they’ll get the opportunity to trade in Coins for real-world donations
- Relationship Skills: Enhance clear communication and collaboration skills through Tract’s secure clubs and public project gallery, where students can engage with their classmates through chats sand project awards, and even create and teach their own classes to peers on Tract
- Responsible Decision Making: Help students adopt a growth mindset as they get the opportunity to choose what they learn about, who they interact with, and how they give back to others in their community on Tract
The best part? No new training or professional development required!
Simply sign in to Tract during classroom time and be easily guided and supported within the platform, including the ability to seamlessly integrate the 5 SEL competencies for your students, both in, and outside of, the classroom.